A game forum for the Anphillia Ascension module for Neverwinter Nights.

Loot and Difficulties

Adorital

Loot and Difficulties

Post by Adorital on Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:56 am

Now, first off, I'm not sure if this goes here, and in advance, apologies if it's in the wrong place.

Just to make it clear, this is really more of a 'curiosity' than a complaint, issue, or query.
    However, I was just curious, on the Cleaven side (not sure about Axfell side)
    The goblin cave chest seems to be easier to pick than the Kobold chest?
    However, goblins give more XP than Kobolds. (At level 7 Kobolds give none, Goblins give between 2 and 15 or something). Goblins individually are markedly stronger than Kobolds (also marked in that 6 goblins on 20 odd something kobolds battle in the north between the two)

Why is this so? It doesn't seem right?..

There's also the off-hand alternative that I may be completely wrong. ( But as I recollect it's Goblin chest DC: 26, Kobold Chest DC: 29, small difference for rogues, but a big difference when you're paying 2 points per skill level in LP. Razz )
    InFliCtSuiCidE
    Admin

Re: Loot and Difficulties

Post by InFliCtSuiCidE on Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:31 pm

We have actually removed loot from standard caves from the chests and moved loot drops to monsters; most of that loot in the chest was worthless anyhow.

We are currently brainstorming on how to fairly implement locked/trapped chests without shitting on characters who don't have those skills.

sniqow

Post by sniqow on Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:11 pm

At lower levels it's more of a struggle getting gold/gear in order to have the strength to go beyond the walls.

Could always just make chests in lower level areas (within the walls) bashable, I don't know if you can respawn a chest.
    DeathWarding

Post by DeathWarding on Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:38 pm

sniqow wrote:
    At lower levels it's more of a struggle getting gold/gear in order to have the strength to go beyond the walls.

Could always just make chests in lower level areas (within the walls) bashable, I don't know if you can respawn a chest.

I agree, there should still be chests of sorts. Which is going to be sorted out, giving a benefit to lockpickers still, being with the current loot script favoring non-lock pickers. Also i would like to note that, maybe chests in areas that arent too easy to access in more "Rare" areas/dungeons but that is a valid point for low lvl's starting at level 3 its really hard to find any loot to help get you out of the gates. Because the CR's are so low around the north of cleaven or axfell goblin cave, after like 5 trips north haven't found one scroll or wand for example.

eyesolated

Post by eyesolated on Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:13 am

sniqow wrote:

i'm sorry, but there is literally NO difference between having these chests and not having them. All they were doing was "collecting" the loot of all creatures in the same area and putting that loot behind a lockpick check. IF we would put the chests back as they were, neither loot quantity nor loot quality would change at all, it just would be in a one container again behind that stupid lockpick barrier.

DeathWarding wrote:
    I agree,  there should still be chests of sorts.  Which is going to be sorted out,  giving a benefit to lockpickers still, being with the current loot script favoring non-lock pickers.  Also i would like to note that,  maybe chests in areas that arent too easy to access in more "Rare" areas/dungeons but that is a valid point for low lvl's starting at level 3 its really hard to find any loot to help get you out of the gates.  Because the CR's are so low around the north of cleaven or axfell goblin cave, after like 5 trips north haven't found one scroll or wand for example.

Sorry again, the current loot script is NOT favoring non-lockpickers, it's setting EVERYONE on even footing. I really don't get people's obsession with loot being blocked off of everyone that didn't invest into picking locks. That's just bad design to lock out 95% of your player base (that isn't planning their chars around the OOC knowledge of locked chests).

That said, the CRs within the Fort Areas are REALLY on the low end and it's kind of a mess all over the island, which is sad Sad

sniqow

Post by sniqow on Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:16 am

As long as there is need for lockpickers in late game, such as getting to summit, or have a big chest in the elite dungeons of Anphillia you need one for, or for shortcut into enemy fort... But yea, every single dungeon having a locked chest in it was annoying, especially when there are not alot of players on let alone one who has a picker.

kunou126

Post by kunou126 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:50 am

An easy answer is to simply remove the lock in the low level areas.

Still I never seem to have a shortage of wizards/Sorcs with a pocket pixie hanging around.
    InFliCtSuiCidE
    Admin

Post by InFliCtSuiCidE on Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:31 pm

This issue will be readdressed in the future; for now, I'm closing this topic as I no longer feel there is any healthy discussion coming from it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:22 am