Anphillia Ascension

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A game forum for the Anphillia Ascension module for Neverwinter Nights.

5 posters

A fort supplies request

kunou126

A fort supplies request Empty A fort supplies request

Post by kunou126 Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:38 pm

Are there any plans for better ammo for sale?

+1 Arrows/bolts?
    +2 Arrows/bolts?

Things of that nature?

That or make the items required to craft them easier to obtain?
    Sockss

A fort supplies request Empty Re: A fort supplies request

Post by Sockss Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:20 am

There's definitely +1 bolts in the ranz store. You buy them in 10 and it's super annoying, hehe.
    I've found darts in the random loot generator thing too so I presume there's arrows!

Hope that helps.

It would be cool if there was a restocking on use item for ammunition though, including throwing ammo. would charge you and duplicate the target stack or some such.
    thaco

Post by thaco Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:42 am

Lamir sells some decent arrows that are relatively cheap compared to the coin we get from hunting now.

I -would- like to see the crafted arrows be more prevalent. The best way to do this is to probably make the crafted arrows come in batches of 99 instead of 20. Right now it is hardly worth the effort.

Sockss

Post by Sockss Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:32 pm

+1
    kunou126

Post by kunou126 Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:43 pm

Yeah, its awesome that someone crafts once to make a flaming greatsword that has permanent fire damage in it, or get one drop and you're premanently set for life.

Ranged players don't have that luxury, and need 1 arrow for every attack.  With a 4 attack progression every 6 seconds (up to 6 with haste and rapid shot), ammo needs to exist in abundance in order for ranged classes to be viable.

What I have seen in other servers is crafted enchanted arrows actually produced a "bundle".  This was a club item with a unique 5 uses that would create stacks of 99 enchanted arrows, essentially making ~500 arrows per successful craft, but not over filling the bag with a ton of unmanageable arrows.  You'd still be limited due to club weight in how many you could reasonably walk around with.

As it is, crafting arrows requires:
    Tons of weight carrying clay to make molds.
    Tinkering ability to make arrow molds.
    High STR and Martial Weapons feat to mine successfully.
    Tons of weight carrying ore.
    Smelting ability to make ingots.
    Tons of weight carrying ingots.
    Weaponcrafting skill to make arrow heads. (* could be wrong here - might have been more tinkering)
    High STR and Martial Weapons feat to chop trees. (* could be wrong if handaxe is simple)
    Tons of weight carrying wood back to make shafts
    Woodworking skill
    Feathers
    Sand
    Glass
    Flask
    Enchanting Oil
    Gem dusts

Holy shit... 20 arrows per craft?

Keep in mind, all this str based attributes are needed on a character that is probably dex focussed.

Compare to weapons with a permanent flame damage increase, its a little off the rails.

That or just allow crafted bows have the "infinite ammo" feature added upon successful enchantment of the bow itself.

However if the drop rate on good ammo is increased, then I wouldn't want the infinite ammo feature... but it has to be reasonable that in process of killing I would be unlikely to run out of ammo for an extended period of time just on the drop rate.

And all of that is out the window if the arrows are for sale.
    kunou126

Post by kunou126 Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:13 pm

I forgot the leather pouches that cost 180 gold each to make, unless you want to go through the nightmare of making tanning supplies through alchemy...
    InFliCtSuiCidE
    InFliCtSuiCidE
    Admin

Post by InFliCtSuiCidE Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:30 pm

I will look in to adding some arrows to more shops; the crafting system overhaul that I believe people would like to see will probably come one day, but that is a lot of work, and probably a ways down the line.

So, as I said, in the interim, I will add some more arrows to some shops (note, not necessarily in your home fort, you may have to do a bit of looking).
    manchu_fire

Post by manchu_fire Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:22 pm

Crafting as it sits is fine, part of the process of meeting up with someone that can help out and you can help them out.. Did it in the past and doing it again, tons of arrows, as long as I can get up in the skills again and a continuous supply of elemental bags..

**Request on crafting topic:
    For now, till numbers come up or permanent, can we get the Ox trader back. Was good to have something to haul resources and would also require skill keeping it alive on long trips Razz
    I would be more than happy to craft away at arrows if I could lift more than 100lbs, started making bows but wood is heavy for a wee Rogue.. Unless I can have a big strong Orc henchman summon to follow me around when needed.
    InFliCtSuiCidE
    InFliCtSuiCidE
    Admin

Post by InFliCtSuiCidE Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:09 pm

Wait, hold on, Manchu, you're from Minnesota?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content