A game forum for the Anphillia Ascension module for Neverwinter Nights.

Kahalala Transition Bug

esayitch

Kahalala Transition Bug

Post by esayitch on Mon May 11, 2015 3:43 pm

Hiya... think I found a bug today regarding the transition from Kuruh TO Kahalala North (the eastern transition in Kuruh)... and I think I know what causes it...

If you try to use the transition from the far south side of it (eastern transition, southern edge), then it teleports you to the northern edge of the western transition of Kahalala North (should be southern edge). Now, if you try to take the transition in Kahalala North, in order to get to Kuruh, you get to the north-eastern part of Kuruh, from which there is no easy way to get to Kuruh itself.

I think this is due to their being a gap/chasm in the corresponding position in the Kahalala North map...

The entire desert area seems badly-designed; some places have invisible walls etc. I know it is some 11 years old, maybe slightly less, and was originally designed by FAI/PaterNoster, but should perhaps be looked at, even though it's probably at the bottom of the priority list xD

eyesolated

Re: Kahalala Transition Bug

Post by eyesolated on Mon May 11, 2015 4:28 pm

I hate that place and it should be removed from the module Wink

esayitch

Post by esayitch on Mon May 11, 2015 4:31 pm

Yeah I sort of tend to agree with that sentiment xD If it would be fixed, or rather rebuilt from "almost" scratch it could be a very interesting place to explore, but right now it's full of dead-ends (the temple at kuruh, several "puzzle" layouts in many of the dungeons/dig site without any purpose, etc.)

Also, XP gains are pretty broken for some of the enemies... Mohrgs pop to mind... they give more than mummies O.o

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:22 am