Anphillia Ascension

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A game forum for the Anphillia Ascension module for Neverwinter Nights.

4 posters

Thoughts & Opinions - DM'd Events

InFliCtSuiCidE
    InFliCtSuiCidE
    Admin

Thoughts & Opinions - DM'd Events Empty Thoughts & Opinions - DM'd Events

Post by InFliCtSuiCidE Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:37 pm

Hello everyone, welcome to my thread regarding DM'd events. Here, I'm essentially just looking to get availability posts from you guys, so I know when it may be a wise idea to run some events for everyone.

Now, here's the deal, so I want everyone to take note.

While this is not to say that I won't host impromptu events if I'm online and players are interested, most SCHEDULED events will take please during weekends, to try to grant access to the highest amount of players possible. I will also be trying to host events at different times during weekends, so if players can't make one time due to work or other responsibilities, they can hopefully make a different event in the near future.

In English, that means 75%+ of future scheduled events will be held on weekends, barring an outcry from the community. It also means that some events will be run at 10 AM EST, some at 8 PM EST, and some at 3 AM EST. The point is I'm going to try to help everyone out here.

In addition, I'd like to get some opinions from you guys on whether each event should be single-faction only, or allow both factions, or maybe a little of both varieties, dependent on the theme and content of the event.

So please, post and make your voices heard so I can start getting a few things set up here and there. Thanks!

- Gunner -
    iceball

Thoughts & Opinions - DM'd Events Empty Re: Thoughts & Opinions - DM'd Events

Post by iceball Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:35 pm

I think events is a realy good idea, and weekends is proberly the best time aswell. If it should be single factioned or both? I clearely vote singlefactioned, gotta remember that axfell and cleavens are enemys and been so for many years.

I'ts ok to make a few events where they are forced to co-operate. But such event should be realy realy rare.

~Ethethrae
    Tyladrhas

Post by Tyladrhas Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:27 pm

Yeah, weekends are definitely best for scheduled things.

Single faction is the best choice for most things, since it's just a bit easier, and helps the people to get to know eachother and such.

Also though, if you wanted cross faction events, rather than having them work together, you could have them rather at competition, like both sides taking part in an event to claim an area first, and then have that reflected in subsequent server changes, giving a new outpost, or something of the like.

I remember on one server, myself and some other players had gotten ourselves exiled from cleaven, and had a big event that set us up as a new faction hidden in hope canyon.

Hectic times haha.
    iceball

Post by iceball Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:58 am

Tyladrhas wrote:Yeah, weekends are definitely best for scheduled things.

I remember on one server, myself and some other players had gotten ourselves exiled from cleaven, and had a big event that set us up as a new faction hidden in hope canyon.

Hectic times haha.

Sounds like some awsome rp you had there. But more factions will require more players. i know you were just refering to what happend, just saying it so dm dont think another faction is a good idea ^.^
    Tyladrhas

Post by Tyladrhas Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:33 am

Yes we definitely don't need a new faction at the moment haha
    DeathWarding
    DeathWarding

Post by DeathWarding Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:10 am

Great idea,  I believe this will essentially make everyone happy, in such event of it bringing multiple factions together at once would be fun & freshen things up now n then. and i agree no new factions yet  cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:42 am